If no appointments are available and you need to meet with a Writing Support Tutor, please fill out this form and a staff member will contact you.
What We Do
CLASS+ Writing Support provides one-on-one tutoring assistance to all students at any stage of the writing process. You can work with a writing tutor on course papers, scholarship essays, personal statements, and other application documents. In a writing tutorial, you will learn revision strategies for developing your academic and professional writing skills.
Meet our Writing Support Tutors
= designates a CRLA Level I Certified Tutor
Graduate Writing Tutors can assist with undergraduate and graduate writing. To work with a Graduate Writing Tutor, schedule an appointment or visit drop-in hours for any of the following tutors:
- Anthony Holdier - pursuing an MA in Philosophy
- Dana Blair - pursuing a PhD in Rhetoric and Composition
- Hannah Bradley - pursuing an MFA in Poetry
- Madeline Vardell - pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing and Translation
- Mar Stratford - pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing
- Patrick Font - pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing - Fiction
- Shelby Maddox - pursing a PhD in Microelectronics and Photonics
- William Lemley - pursuing a PhD in Cultural Studies
Undergraduate Writing Tutors can assist with any undergraduate writing. To work with an Undergraduate Writing Tutor, schedule an appointment or visit drop-in hours for any of the following tutors:
- Addison Mahaffey - pursuing a BA in English
- Allison Morris - pursuing a BA in English - Creative Writing
- Allyson Layman - pursuing a BA in Arabic, Political Science, and International Studies
- Brittany Tian - pursuing a BA in English and a BS in Biology
- Caroline Wilson - pursuing a BS in Biological Engineering
What to Bring
For all appointments, you will need your paper and assignment sheet.
Meet with a tutor online. Go to razortrack.uark.edu to see the schedule. Once you schedule an online appointment, you will submit your paper online. Your tutor will review your paper during the scheduled time and email it back to you with feedback to your UARK email account.
Available for quick questions online, no appointment necessary. Go to our Chat page or to razortrack.uark.edu to see which tutors are online. Sessions are approximately 20 minutes, but can go longer if demand for tutors is low. If you need more time, your tutor can also transfer you to a full-fledged Online Tutoring session if time allows.